Corporate and Foundation Giving Manager
Summary of Position:
We are America’s Warrior Partnership, a national nonprofit organization working to help communities support their hometown veterans, military service members, and their families. You are experienced in advancing a robust portfolio of funding partnerships with private foundations, corporate partners, and government agencies. Together we generate support for our mission: Empowering Communities to Empower Veterans.
Our next Corporate and Foundation Giving Manager will have 3 or more years of experience with identification, cultivation, evaluation and solicitation of foundation, corporate and organization donors, including developing and implementing strategies to retain existing donors. We want to build strong, strategic funding relationships that bring value to the organization and the funder. You are an accomplished grant writer with a proven record of developing comprehensive program proposals, successfully managing multiple deadlines, and communicating program efficacy through compelling reports.
America's Warrior Partnership observes 10 paid holidays and employees accrue paid time off leave totaling 23 days each year. We offer employee benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings plan, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability coverage.
This position is based in our Augusta, Georgia office, but may be eligible for remote work for a highly qualified candidate. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify funding opportunities, cultivate relationships, author grant applications, and manage process, reporting, and key deliverables for the life-cycle of funding.
- Drive strategy and execution of the corporate relations program; identify prospective new donors, cultivate relationships with current and prospective supporters, obtain commitments, and recognize supporters.
- Garner foundation and corporate sponsorship for organization events.
- Effectively develop and implement annual plans with revenue goals, benchmarks, contingency plans, effective timelines and stakeholders.
- Assume additional related duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of proven successful experience in grant writing and obtaining funding through foundation and corporate grants.
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency in best practices in nonprofit development and fundraising, prospect research, and development; Microsoft Office suite; and customer relationship management databases (Salesforce® preferred).
- Highly motivated, highly detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative, collaborate effectively, and work productively with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, organization skills, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Gritty, determined, and able to handle adversity in pursuit of large, long-term goals.
- Passion for the mission of our organization, service to country, and the veteran population.
- Preference for previous military/veteran or spouse/family member of military/veteran.
- Must be currently legally eligible for employment in the United States.
- Regular working conditions are in an office.
- Working for an extended period of time on a computer and/or telephone is required.
- Intermittent (up to 30%) travel and evening and weekend work is necessary.
Note: Only qualified candidates need apply. Applicants will not be contacted unless selected for further screening or an interview.
Please apply through Indeed. https://www.indeed.com/job/corporate-and-foundation-giving-manager-81e331814584b775
Alternately, you may email a resume and cover letter to eelco(at)americaswarriorpartnership(dot)org and include the job title in the email subject line and body.